Clinics and Services
We offer a range of clinics and services including those below. For more information, please visit our Health Review and Assessment Clinic Room.
If you would like to attend any of the below clinics, please visit our Consulting Room.
Practice Nurse Clinics
Practice nurses can be seen by appointment, Monday-Thursday, 09:00 – 17:30.
Practice nurse services include:
- Contraception and HRT – If you have been advised by the surgery to complete a review of your contraception, you will need to fill out our online Contraception Review Form.
- Removal of stitches
- Advice on minor ailments
- Advice on diet/weight loss
- Heart/Cholesterol advice
- Asthma checks – If you have been advised by the surgery to complete a review of your asthma symptoms, you will need to fill out our online Asthma Review Form.
- COPD checks – If you have been advised by the surgery to complete a review of your COPD symptoms, you will need to fill out our online COPD Assessment Form.
- Smoking cessation clinics – If you have been advised by the surgery to complete a review of your smoking, you will need to fill out our online Smoking Review Form.
- Foreign travel advice
- New patient health checks
- Well woman clinics
- Diabetes checks
- BP checks and 24 hour blood pressure monitoring – If you have been advised by the surgery to complete a review of your blood pressure, you will need to fill out our online Blood Pressure Review Form.
If you require any vaccinations relating to foreign travel you need to make an appointment with the practice nurse to discuss your travel arrangements. This will include which countries and areas within countries that you are visiting to determine what vaccinations are required.
It is important to make this initial appointment as early as possible, at least 6 weeks before you travel as a second appointment will be required with the practice nurse to actually receive the vaccinations. These vaccines have to be ordered as they are not a stock vaccine. Your second appointment needs to be at least 2 weeks before you travel to allow the vaccines to work.
Some travel vaccines are ordered on a private prescription and these incur a charge over and above the normal prescription charge. This is because not all travel vaccinations are included in the services provided by the NHS.
Well Baby Clinic
Held on Tuesday – 13:30 – 15:30
- Development Checks are carried out.
- 8 weeks appointment with GP
- 8 months by the health visitor, 3-4 Years by the health visitor
For more information about when your baby requires their immunisations, please visit www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations.